Sunday, February 7, 2010

Spectator and/or Active Participant

During class, I tend to be a spectator because I'm very shy and I don't participate in class discussions much. Unless it is a topic I really enjoy such as sports, music, or books, I tend not to keep quiet and keep things to myself. I could've let my guard down and just expressed what I was feeling about the topic we were discussing. I tend to talk more when they are topics I find enjoyable. One example of myself being a spectator is during class seminars in English. I answer the questions that we're supposed to answer, but I don't get too in depth with answering them. I need to work on more self-confidence to help my shyness to allow myself to be more of an active participant.

One of the places I think of myself as an active participant is gym of chorale. In gym, you have to be physically active in order to get a good grade in the class. This semester, I am taking dance and defense, and luckily a lot of my friends are in that class. I think with my friends being there I am able to be more outgoing because I am more comfortable with who I am with my friends around. In chorale, like gym, I have to participate in order to get a good grade. I enjoy sports and singing, so I find myself able to express myself and my talents more when I am in a comfortable environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment